Verbosities

My discoveries and associated ramblings

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Mysterious Pipe Loop
The looping pipe
Our new house is finally being built. Everything in the construction makes sense to me except for one thing. There is a big loop in the pipe that supplies the hose bibb. I can't figure out what it's for. It's too small to be an anti-siphon loop. The superintendent doesn't even know what it's for. It doesn't look like it will hurt anything, though.

The loop is in the blue pipe in this picture. I think it's pretty cool that the house is plumbed with color coded pipes. Red is for hot water and blue is for cold water. When it's the flexible plastic stuff, do you even call them pipes? Should they be called tubes or hoses? I'm obviously not a plumber.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home