Verbosities

My discoveries and associated ramblings

Thursday, September 11, 2003

September-11th.us
I like to think of myself as someone who doesn't go overboard with 9/11 reminders. I do not forward the chain letters that I get this time every year. (I don't forward chain letters at all, actually.) I do not waste my time and energy creating new memorials for the tradgedies of September 11th. So many others already exist. Many of these were created by people who were affected much more personally than I was. Anything that I create would seem to me like just another example of someone jumping on the band wagon. I don't feel like I have a new perspective to offer at this point in time. I say this because I feel overwhelmed by the volume of offerings from other people. When I try to put my feelings to words, I feel like the events and issues have already been talked to death. Somehow, though, some people still manage to come through with appropriate and worthwhile reminders for the rest of us. www.September-11th.us is an example of a good memorial. It is worth a look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home