Verbosities

My discoveries and associated ramblings

Saturday, November 29, 2003

gPhotoShow - Slide Show Maker and Screen Saver
I spent some time looking for a screen saver to display my photos. There are a lot of them out there. Being cheap, I decided to first check out the freeware and that's where I found a gem. I'm sure that there are many good shareware screen savers out there, but I didn't evaluate any of them.

gPhotoShow is great. It comes in both freeware and shareware versions. I'm using the freeware version and I am very happy with it. I simply told it what directory to look in for my pictures and it did the rest. If I want to add or remove pictures, I simply add or remove them from the chosen directory. No other action is required. It also has the option to search an entire directory tree or subtree for pictures. There are many transition effects, it can play music, it has an adjustable delay, it can automatically resize images, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home